Set in the newly opened Park Hyatt Hotel’s “Onyx Room”, American Sportswear brand Veronica Beard displayed an array of separates in muted tones of yellow, grey, tangerine, cornflower and coral. The whole scene felt like a party that happened to have beautiful models floating two feet above everyone else. Onlookers ranged from Vogue editors to ladies who lunch, so it could have felt a bit stuffy. Thankfully, DJ Mad Marj cleared the air with her upbeat tunes. Overall, a pretty presentation.
5 Favorite Moments:
1. Harmonic pairings: You heard it first folks, grey and yellow are the new, new.
2. Culottes: It’s not a short, it’s not a pant: but it’s the chicest shape this season.
3. Eyewear collaboration: Thierry Lasry x Veronica Beard = perfection.
4. The make-up look: Silver liner floating over the lid nicely juxtaposed the pastel palette.
5. DJ Mad Marj: She kept the mood cool and downtown, even though the median age was probably 50.